Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Gingerbread Men Shaker



Pin It

Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and you can find my blog here at Happy Expressions. It's my turn to share a project with you all here at She's A Sassy Lady. Thanks for having join you Sheila.



I have decided to share with you a really easy shaker card. The card base is staples vanilla cs. I added a few snowflakes around the edges with a Seasons Greetings sentiment and embossed them with winter snow embossing powder. I bought the embossing powder from Micheal's. I am sorry the embossing does't show like I hoped it would. I chose a really cute DSP from a MS border self adhesive pad. I cut the image at 2.75 x 2.75 inches. I added some dimentional tape around the square. I then added some small confetti paper pieces I have made from a MS border punch. I also have the border to use on another project. I also added some silver stars and sequins in the shaker.

For the frame around the shaker I used a sizzix scalloped square die to cut the frame. I then took my exacto knife and cute the inside piece for the window. If you have a cutting machine it would make this step very easy. I did it this way encase some of you didn't have a cutting machine. I added the frame over the plastic sheet (cut from the piece of plastic our cricut cartridges come in. The banners are from the same MS pad. I added the banners to the top left of the card. Then added a stripe of dimensional foam on the right side of the card and glue on the left so they would be the same height. I cut a few more of the colored snowflakes with a SU circle punch. I took a red pen and doodled around the card edge.I put some wink of stella on the front of the frame and around the edge of the border. I had some gold star stickers that I used to finish off the card. I hope you have all enjoyed my small tutorial and find some inspiration from it.

Thank you all for dropping by, Have a blessed and happy day!

0 comments: