Sunday, March 9, 2014

Luck of The Irish


Pin It
Hi everyone,

Our sponsor at 613 Ave Create this week  is The Stamping Boutique and the theme is use an Irish blessing/saying or quote. When I saw this adorable fairy I could see so many uses for her. Can you imagine using hearts, ornaments, Easter eggs, etc. She is called Daisy fairy and for an Irish theme I wanted four leaf clovers.  I made the leaves big enough to cover the daisy's. The card base is neenah cs and the DSP is from American Crafts Lucky Charms paper pad.  I printed the image onto neenah cs and colored it with copic markers. E00,000,21, 13,15,18, YG 61,63,67,95. I had this Irish hat clip art so I recolored it with my copics and fussy cut it to make paper layers. I them added green and yellow glitter pen ink from the MS pens. The sentiment is one I printed in MS Word. The lighting needs to be replaced or more added into my craft room. When I choose to used this ribbon it matched my colors beautifully. Well as you can see in the photo it is a different shade. I have it glued down so I wasn't prepared to replace it if I messed up the card. I decided it really didn't look that bad. I will just have to shop for a new light fixture.  I will enter this card into these challenges. 

Time 4 Scrap - St Patricks Day-
The Doodle Garden - anything goes
Connie Can Crop - green with envy
Just For Fun - anything goes

Thank you for stopping by, happy creating!

6 comments:

~ginny said...

Carol - I love the alterations you made on this image to make her Irish! Very creative! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the details in your hat for her.
Well done toots!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Beebeebabs said...

Sooooo cute - your coloring is on point thanks for sharing!!!

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute. Love how you were able to customize her into a St. Pattie's Day card. Thanks for joining us at Time4Scrap.

Unknown said...

Hey there,

Thank you for your entry for this months challenge over at the Just For Fun challenge blog entitled 'Anything Goes' 

What a cute little pixie you have made. The colouring is great and love the green of the bow!

Hope to see you next month over at the Just For Fun challenge blog! New challenges start on the first of every month! 

See you soon! 

Love and hugs 

Richard! JFF Design Team Member

Unknown said...

Hi
What a cute little pixie - it's nice to see a card themed around st Patricks day .
Lovely stunning colouring too

Thanks for entering the Just For Fun challenge

Christina Bull JFF DT

Connie Can Crop said...

Wow this is beautiful! I am so glad you entered my challenge!! Thank you! Scrappy hugs, Connie