Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yummy


I went to Michael's this afternoon and purchaced a shadow box for my 8x8 scrapbook page. It looks much better than the one below.
I have been making a scrapbook for my mother.  She was diagnosed with alzheimer's 5 years ago. I decided to make this scrapbook so we could go through it together when she doesn't know who her family is any more. My mother is the sweetest person and everyone loves her. We really have a good time when we get together. I made this page for her birthday when I took her out to her favorite chinese food resturant. I stamped one of  Peachy Keen Dolly Dumpling face stamps on the bowls. I just love the way they turned out. So cute!  Their challenge this week at Peach Keen Stamps was to make a shadow box. I don't have a shadow box in 8x8 so I put it in my 12x12 box. It still looks cute and I think I will leave it there for awhile. 

Thanks for stopping by to visit. I love all the comments. Thanks to all of you who are following my blog. It really inspires me to create more. Happy Crafting and Stamping.

Carol

7 comments:

My Creative Time said...

AWWWWH, you are VERY SWEET for making this for your Mom! I just love the whole story behind it! GREAT JOB W/the challenge! Thank you for joining Peachy Keen!
Big hugs,
Emma:)

Unknown said...

How lovely of you to help you mum in this wonderfully creative way Carol. You made a beautiful page that looks great in BOTH the frames. It's lovely to have you join us for this challenge. Good luck. Viv xx

Nanascreativecorner said...

How nice, love visiting other blogs, stop over at mine.
http://cheryl-gibson.blogspot.com

Lisa B said...

Carol this is fabulous!! How touching to do this for your mother and a WONDERFUL idea at that!! What a way to keep such treasured memories!
Good luck this week winning the great prize over at Peachy Keen!

Janice W. said...

What a nice keepsake! Great layout! I love the chopsticks and bowls! Very well done! Thanks for joining the challenge at PKS!

Samantha Casey said...

This is so adorable! I love the little bowl and chop sticks! You did a really great job! Good Luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!
-Samantha

Lorie said...

This is very cute, and such a sweet thing to do for your mom. Thanks for sharing, and for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Hugs,
Lorie